Monday, December 12, 2011

Espresso Lane, Baileys Harbor, WI


Espresso Lane, Baileys Harbor, WI



Why can’t all coffee shops be this adorable and functional? This wi-fi cafe sits high on the hill in front of the beach on the main road, Hwy57/42, in Baileys Harbor. It loudly invites every patron with its old-style architecture, outdoor seating and lawn chairs. The beverage choices were numerous, shaming Starbucks’ menu, and their breakfast choices were just complete. I enjoyed a soy vanilla steamer with my breakfast egg, bacon, cheese croissant sandwich. The egg actually had a yoke, and the bacon was perfectly crisp. If you have a cholesterol issue, short of ordering something healthy, you may wish for them not to add extra butter to the butter-flaking croissant. But for me, the added smear of butter, made the sandwich that much fresher.

After eating on the lawn, my husband John slowly sipped his dark roast and enjoyed the scenery. But the sun beamed over the beach enhancing the glare on my laptop, so I went inside to use the wi-fi which our lodging, the Ridges Resort and Guest House did not have. Like the outside, the interior casual, country-style decoration made it easy for me to settle in and answer a few emails.
I must praise the wait service. Even during breakfast peak time, we were served on the lawn which was great. I prevented me from having to go up and down the many stairs even though the view is worth the climb.

Kathleen Brandt
stradercom@aol.com
originally posted July 10, 2009


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home