Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fermented Foods Strengthen the Immune System,

For those who know me, you know I have an autoimmune disease: antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. My best medicine is food (and of course Prayer). And daily I pray I eat what's right for me that day.  So when I heard foods like "chocolate, wine and cheese taste so delicious"...due to the fact that  "fermenting magically transforms their original ingredients into something more desirable", I'm able to breathe just a bit better. 

The article, Fermented Foods Strengthen the Immune System, by Rebecca Wood states" besides upping flavor, some lactic-acid ferments, such as homemade sauerkraut, actually strengthen your immune system."   She continues to make sense out of my cravings of pickles, kimchee and such! (I even make cucumber kimchee from fresh cukes out of the garden!

Thanks Rebecca for this green light. 

Kathleen Brandt
stradercom@aol.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home