Sunday, February 4, 2018

Make a Bowl of Health

World Cancer Day and Super Bowl Sunday
There are many reasons to eat healthy. For me my options are dictated by my health and the strong need to keep inflammation at bay.  I have a rare autoimmune disease, as many of you know, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, also called lupus anticoagulation or Hughes Syndrome. Inflammation can determine everything for me, breathing, pain, discomfort, ascites, edema, activity level, focus level, hair loss...I said everything! So I keep "Clean Recipes" close at hand and probably properly choose to eat this way 80% of the time. 

So I though I'd share a few that I found from my Pilates Studio.  They are fun.  These were posted by Pilates 1901 in Kansas City if you want to meet me there.  It's one of low cardio exercises that I do on a regular basis that help keep the heart pumping and the lungs working. It's low key but I get to concentrate on breathing.  Yes, breathing is an issue.

Clean Eating Build-A-Bowl for Lunch or Dinner

Ingredients
            Protein – 120 calories chicken, turkey, fish, tempeh, tofu, edamame, or eggs made with 1 tsp HEALTHY oil.
Instructions
    1      Grain – 1/2c quinoa, brown rice or diced, cooked sweet potato.
    2      Greens – 1c kale, baby spinach, or other leafy greens (I used fresh chopped Red Leaf lettuce, here)
    3      Veggies – 1c roasted, steamed or raw veggies
    4      Beans – 2T-3T of your choice of beans(optional) If using canned, be sure to rinse!
    5      Fat – 50 calories avocado, feta cheese, hummus, guacamole, or homemade dressing (from CFC dressing guide).
    6      Unlimited fresh lime, lemon juice, or vinegar may also be used as additional dressing.
    7      Seal, store (dressing/fats separate) in the refrigerator & eat within 3-4 days.

http://cleanfoodcrush.com/build-a-bowl/

Spicy Brandt
stradercom@aol.com



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home