Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Healthy Eating Tips that Work For You?

In Dec 2000, I went to Weight Watchers to learn how to eat. I'm not into deprevation, and I'm not into meat, so I wanted to learn how to lose and maintain my weight with foods I eat. I lost 35lbs, and have never gained one pound back.

What Works For Me
Here are some of the my personal guidelines. What are some of your healthy eating tips?
1) Watch Portion Control. At first I had to use measuring serving spoons. And never eat everything on your plate at a restaurant...they serve too much.
2) Eat Protein with every carb. High protein meals are great ones to have with desserts. I'm speaking of non-animal protein, but the key is protein. Dates with cheese (if you are a vegetarian) is a wonderful snack. I'm not into cooked sugar, so a piece of fruit or nuts and dried fruit works well with me, or a veggie juice with a juiced apple does it. I almost never juice fruit, but if I should, I would add protein powder.
3) Eat Breakfast everyday. For me it's green tea and a protein bar. But yesterday it was white asparagus and homemade hollandaise sauce.
4) Eat often. I keep "to go food" in my kitchen.  It works for me. Nuts, soups and anything to put in a whole wheat tortilla is never far away.
5) Cruise past fast food. Fast food uses up too many points (if you came up with the point system). But in 2000, I still ate meat, but I learned "smarter" choices of Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc. By the way, my car no longer breaks for those. I do stop from time to time at a grocery store for choices (veggie sushi, quinoa, 4 bean salad).The key for me: pretty stores. We have a few great grocery stores in Kansas City. Just a walk through the produce section, makes me want to eat healthy.

And You
Feel free to share what works for you.

Kathleen Brandt
stradercom@aol.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home