Thursday, December 15, 2011

Left Over Lentils with Roasted Veggies


Does it look appetizing?
Is it tasty and seasoned??
Is their a variety?

These are the 3 questions I ask every time I prepare a meal. Hubby doesn't eat it if it doesn't look edible. I add color and plate the food. It's not that exciting. A lentil burger from leftovers for me, portobello mushrooms with mozzarella for hubby, and a variety of veggies: white asparagus, brussel sprouts, roasted peppers and alfalfa sprouts.

I like to eat it separately, like snacking on crudites. I made a sauce for my lentil burger however and it with a fork. But otherwise it was finger food for me.

Lentil burgers:
Left over refrigerated lentils (prepared how you like it). I put onions, garlic, cilantro and a bit of curry in mine on Tuesday. Today, I added bread crumbs and an egg white for binding (Vegan's make your adjustment for binding).  As you know I'm only a vegan some days.

I grilled everything in my NuWave oven once I cleaned the mushrooms. OK...not the alfalfa sprouts, they are a topping for anyone who wants to make a sandwich. Might as well get an extra veggie down. Especially since hubby likes cheese on his sandwich. I think I told you melted cheese is not one of my favorites.


Hubby piled his choices on a whole wheat bun. We have lettuce, but he chose spinach. (A bonus...another good green).  Me... I kept munching away on the asparagus.

Roasted Veggies
Toss in olive oil and your favorite seasoning. I sometimes just use steak seasoning. It's coarse, and I like bold! Oh...and the brussel sprouts, I made crisp and crunchy, like little brussel sprout chips. Fun for my crudite plate.

Kathleen Brandt
stradercom@aol.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home