Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vegetarian Lasagna Soup

Taste Like Lasagna Soup
From Leftover Vegetarian Lasagna
Monday I made a pan of vegetarian lasagna.  One with Quorn grounds, zucchini, and squash, roasted peppers (keep those in the refrig) and plenty of onions, mushroom, and garlic, stuffed with mozzarella and parmigiana and ricotta. (By no means vegan). But there are only 2 of us, so even though the pan was smaller than a traditional lasagna making pan, it was still too much.  So I made lasagna soup with the left overs! And topped with garlic crostini!

I thought I was really being innovative but a Google search proved me to be behind the times. If you haven't heard of lasagna soup check out this Paula Deen recipe. Replace the meat suggested in this recipe with Quorn or beans, or just substitute with ingredients of your tasting: Taste like Lasagna Soup.


I add my vegetarian broth, a dash of brown sugar, black pepper, diced scallions, and a TBS of tomato paste.  I pour my tasty broth over a crumbled slice of lasagna and top with cheese if needed. You can also just crumble your lasagna into the broth but don't make your veggies soggy!


Garlic Crostini (from above website)

  • 1 thin French baguette
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves smashed garlic
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut bread into 1/4-inch round slices. Place on baking sheet and brush each slice with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; place in oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Rub each side with smashed garlic cloves.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home